Sunday, January 19, 2014

Avenue "Eternity" continuation 4


II.   Camomille Wine



-Let`s go, we`ll may be late. - Redhead Camilla Jansson was Leo`s colleague from Uppsala. Camilla, Leo and hundreds of other medical representatives  from around the world gathered in Amsterdam for an annual corporate congress of BIOTT-  International pharmaceutical Goliath.

-Where is the church nearby?

-Why do you need? - they went outside to the Canal. The dull holland drizzling.

-I am married. You have a boyfriend.

-Oh, you're about it. Forget- tonight you had passed out in five minutes. I did not have time to feel anything. I'm more concerned about your mushroom-ketamine mix this morning. In addition to Salvia Divinorum. If you want to die- please, do it not in the Saturday morning. We have to go to the seminar.

-I do not want to go anywhere. I cant.  - We sat on the terrace of  “Bulldog” neighboring “the doors». Sprinkle drops flew laterally under the tent. - I'm sick of all. What we do?

-In what sense?- she lit again her slims.

-What we do here, in Amsterdam, in BIOTT, in general?

-We save lives.

-Its the slogan. Firstly, we are puny medreps only. Secondly, we did not saving anyone. We encourage doctors to prescribe medicines. Antidepressants, tranquilizers- all this shit....and now more and this new drug “against attention-deficite”...

- Attenta?

- Yes. I am sit on it for 2 months. 

-Are you eat probes of the Company?- she smiled.

- You can not imagine what`s the terrible crap. Initially it accelerates you. I had  read topological theorems proofs like children's comic strips.

- I know. - Camilla nod. - Have you reached the stage of links?

***

...For a wonder Leo сrawled out from under the wheezing carcass and ramps to sacramental Exit. With genuine horror he throw open shithouse door. Grinning Misa with eclair and her pants down inside: “Lick me! Lick me! Lick me...»

                                                                        

R-Camilla trudged along the narrow path of windy rocky foothill toward tremendous mountain. Snow peak was lost in the clouds. A blizzard gradually strengthened. “Ok, Leo, its your Cosm, I understand. You dont want to sense.  You better freeze your skin-landscape. Whats going on with your heart then, forlorn boy?”

***


         We got out of the tram, when just have seen in a window a first available Church. De Oude Kerk- “The Old Church”. For once it forever I have acute need to pray, to confess, to receive Guidance. But it was not my day. De Oude Kerk was rented. Two black guys dressed in a snow-white suits married there. Camilla made great fun of this. However I did not.

- Dont be so sad, Honey,- she hugged me, - lets go to seminar. Adorable BIOTT waits. 

- Do yoy know Mike- he is my manager?- We take a seat on the old stone stairs.

- Sure, curly guy- he sang spanish rap at the corporate party.

-Tell him, that I leave the service. So I am fired and free.

She stopped stroking my hand:
-And what will you do?

- I decided to stay in Amsterdam.

-And what about your wife?

-She does not care.

-And what are you going to do in Amsterdam?

-Do not know exactly. Why not to be futurologist, for example? The Diviner's Sage...

-You're an idiot, actually. Get up immediately and go to the seminar! Stargaser.

                                                                                 ***

Dr. Albim Holm- Medical Science Liaison from Aarhus made his presentation about Attenta`s post-marketing studies. We waded to the back row.

-...frankly, we need to understand that a pediatric patients with a genuine attention deficite are too narrow market.- Dr. Holm adjusted his glasses,- Primarily, Attenta is a salvation for a hard-overloaded mental workers- students, scientists, clerks, managers... We all need Attention. In a mad race of our times we have to enhance ourselves...

-Sorry,- I raised my hand for a question,- what about our souls?

-All the quastions you can ask at the end of my presentation. Thank you. Regarding the side effects of Attenta, I can tell this medicine relatively safe. Compared with previous ones. Hallucinations, for example, become extremely rare cases...

-Sorry, - I am asking for trouble, - And what a "wheels" we have against inanity and senselessness?

People in the Room began to turn around.

-Only Love, -He smiled. Dr. Holm was really clever guy. - Only Love...
Then BIOTT produces a remedy for love too. With a cool name “Erecta”.

***



I felt absolutely slack. Mike has agreed to sign my letter of resignation. Skype-talk with Lisa was disgusting. “What I will do with our loans?”-  the main problem of her in whole situation. All the loan papers actually have signed by me and so its my personal problem. Why did I feel like a complete scoundrel? Like you're the worst of traitors? After all, I feel sorry for her madly. But she's attractive and  will find a partner soon- a correct helpmate without any muddle.

I need to figure out who I am? And what is happening to me? And what is happening with the world? And what to do doggone!?
Creeping sticky dismay fettered the body. Cold indifferent Amsterdam outside the hotel window. Where will I live? And a residence permit? And a job? A job again? No. No longer f... jobs. I begin to wright a novel right now.

***



-Why are you insulting our Misa?- a several inhabitants of Yli-Kittila gathered around.

-Get out the Bear! - I was miserable. All the animals were long gone.

-Calm down, buddy, our dear-bear do not eat jerk`s meat. Who are you?- said the lanky guy with a straw helmet on his red head.

-I am Leo. From the Avenue.

-Nomad?

-No, I am a Student. - I have omited my expulsion from the Academy.

But their attention already had been dissipated by more important (an usual) thing - “Gazing to Eternity”. Three brothers- Bob, Gob and Nob take a few aimless steps and turned  inward again into something like a fetal position. Bob lay down on a pile of hay near shithouse, Nob fell to the ground. And sly lanky Gob scrambled on the chic red satin sofa.

-Piss off!- Misa shrieked. But she was too lazy to deal with it, and she just shoved his red head under her dirty-green skirt.

“Well-Well-Well,- I thought, - Maybe I have a bad shape, but  these characters – in the full rubbish!”

-Who can tell me, pigs, where is the frigging Exit? - I yelled. Drosophila`s cloud disturbs. No one answered.

-If you kiss my ass, I can tell you, sure, friend, - Bob muttered from his pile.

         I've had enough! After all, I have passed in Academy a cool courses of psychoanalysis, psychotherapy and psychopharmacology.And personal growth seminars. With all my knowledge and my newest lab-on-chip I`ll easily turn them to life. These scumbags will join a boy-scouts troop, on my oath!





No comments:

Post a Comment